Frequently Asked Questions
What colours should I paint my house?
Choosing a paint colour can be incredibly challenging as it is very personal. Different shades can invoke totally different energies in a room and even selecting a particular tone of white versus another can make a big impact. While the decision is totally up to you, we are happy to discuss different options with you and you can even check out our blog post of this year’s trendiest colours!
What kind of paint do you use?
Revivify always uses appropriate products from trusted brands for all our Projects. Our main suppliers are Sherwin Williams, Dulux Paints and Benjamin Moore. If you have a particular preference in products, we are always ready to discuss different options to find the right product for your Project.
How long will the Project take?
Each Project has it’s own timeline. During your Estimating Visit a member of the Revivify Team will gather information on the Project such as size, services required and other details to create both a quotation and timeline for your Project. Call or email us today to book your free, no-obligation Estimating Visit!
How long in advance do you schedule a Project?
Generally, we schedule Projects at least two weeks in advanced. We know that life happens quickly and sometimes you need the work done yesterday! At Revivify, we always aim to work around your schedule and have your Project completed efficiently and on time.
Ps. Our Spring and Summer schedule fills up quickly! Book your Estimating Visit today for a free quote!
I have a stippled/popcorn ceiling. Can I remove it, or do I just have to paint over it?
- You can do either! textured vs flat finish ceilings are totally a preference choice. If you enjoy the textured look but want to brighten up it’s appearance, then a fresh coat of paint applied with a large pile roller will do just the trick!
- If you want to remove the 3D effect then a combination of scraping, sanding, and mudding may be used depending on the age, density, and type of finish.
- Pro tip: if you are attempting to DIY stippling/popcorn removal remember to seal any vents in the area and soak the ceiling thoroughly to cut down on dust created.
Which wall should I have painted as my accent wall?
- Accent and feature walls are usually directly opposite from the main entrance to the room. However, this is not always the case and depends on how the rest of the room is balanced with furniture, lighting etc. We are always happy to discuss different design options with you to bring your vision to life.
- The fun doesn’t have to end with just paint! Explore other feature wall options such as textured or brick effect!
Is there a special paint for bathrooms and kitchens?
Bathrooms, kitchens, and other areas with high amount of humidity, condensation or food preparation areas are recommended to use a different type of paint. Paint that is best suited for these areas have a higher sheen level such as glossy or semi-gloss to protect your walls, ceilings, and other surfaces from long-term water damage.
What is your process for painting exterior window and door trim?
Exterior window and door trim requires extra preparatory steps to ensure a consistent application of paint or stain and achieve a uniform finish. Revivify starts all exterior trim work by scraping, sanding, and priming the area to remove old product buildup and debris.
When can you start working on exterior Projects?
Exterior Projects depend primarily on weather. Different types of stains and paints will specify how much “dry time” is needed before and after it’s application. Generally, we start booking exterior Projects in mid-April but sometimes can sneak a small Project in earlier during a dry spell.
Do you paint decks?
Yes, we do! We have a couple of options when it comes to bringing your old deck back to life. We can paint or stain your deck depending on the style you want for your back yard!
Staining and painting require different processes, during the Estimating Visit a member of the Revivify Team will explain the different options and the costs associated with both.
Ps. Revivify can tackle most outdoor structures. We paint and stain siding, decks, fences, sheds and more!
Why do I need an estimate before I start my painting project?
Getting an estimate before kicking off your painting project sets the foundation for a smooth and successful painting experience. Our estimate:
- Provides clear understanding of the potential costs involved, allowing you to plan and and budget properly
- Outlines the scope of your project and guides you towards making informed decisions about the type and extent of work needed
- Details expectations, timelines, and any specific requirements you may have
- Ensures you and our pro painters are on the same page
WARRANTY & INSURANCE
What does a one-year warranty mean?
Revivify’s one year workmanship warranty demonstrates our commitment to your satisfaction. We aim to get the Project done right the first time and have numerous quality-control mechanisms in place throughout the Project.
Our workmanship warranty allows you to claim a free round of touch-ups for up to one year after your Project’s completion. If you see a splatter of paint where it doesn’t belong, an area in need of another coat or any other Project deficiency please do not hesitate to reach out. Our Team is always happy to come and complete the work as anticipated!
Booking and cancelling
What type of payments do you accept?
Revivify accepts most forms of payment including credit cards, cheques, and e-transfers.
What is your cancellation policy?
You can cancel any Project up to 72 hours in advance.
Note: Exterior work may be rescheduled depending on weather conditions.
HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION?
Call or write to us to have your question answered! We understand that every Project is unique and are happy to discuss your vision and answer any questions you may have!
You can reach us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 1-800-860-8170